01628 484024

Support available for Bucks residents struggling with Council Tax payments

Buckinghamshire residents are reminded that annual Council Tax bills will start being posted from Monday 13 March. Residents worried about their ability to pay their Council Tax are urged to contact Buckinghamshire Council as soon as possible.

The council offers several options to help ease financial pressures, including checking for discounts or exemptions, switching payment dates, and spreading payments over 12 months.

John Chilver, Cabinet Member for Accessible Housing and Resources, expressed the council’s commitment to supporting its residents during these challenging times:

“We understand that many residents are currently facing cost-of-living pressures. If you are struggling to pay your Council Tax, please speak to us. We can help ensure that you have all the discounts and exemptions that might apply to your circumstances. We can also potentially switch your payment dates, and spread your payments from 10 months to 12 months.”

The council is encouraging residents to sign up for a Customer Access online account, which provides people with 24/7 access to manage their Council Tax account – including checking balances, payments, bills, and setting up or amending their Direct Debit. To sign up for a Customer Access account, residents need their account number and online key, both of which can be found on their Council Tax bill.

For information and help with any money-related issues, residents should visit Buckinghamshire Council’s website or contact the Helping Hand team on 01296 531151.