If you are interested in growing your own vegetables & fruit, you may want to consider taking on an allotment. It’s a great way to produce your own food, get some fresh air and enjoy meeting new people. The Town Council manages two allotment sites – Foxes Piece and Hanging Hill.
All new plots are approximately 5 pole (125 sqm) in size and rented to tenants on an annual basis.
Only Marlow residents are eligible for an allotment and the current tenancy fee is £6.70 per pole.
Our allotment sites are fully tenanted at present, but you are welcome to join our waiting list.
If you would like to find out more about our allotments or join the waiting list, please contact the Town Council by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01628 484 024. Once you reach the top of the waiting list, we will contact you to view the available plot and decide whether you wish to take it on.
The Marlow Allotments Association works with the Council to maintain the Council’s sites and provide advice to tenants. Visit the Marlow Allotments Association page to find out more.
Tenants must abide by the Allotment Rules & Regulations which can be found at the bottom of this page.
Important Information for our plot holders
Our allotments are all currently open, however, any plot-holder who is self isolating because a household member is ill with corona-virus should not be visiting the site.
We ask that all tenants visiting the site also bear the following in mind;
- Please remember to respect and look out for one another and take all the steps you can to reduce the risk of contagion from the Covid- 19 virus when you visit the allotments.
- Please keep your distance from other tenants to help limit the spread of the virus. Follow current government guidelines.
- Be careful after touching site gates, locks or other communal assets. Disinfect your hands after each use.
- Do not share tools or any other equipment with another plot holder.
- Please stay on your plot at all times and do not enter another plot under any circumstances.
- Even though lockdown restrictions have been lifted it is important that plot-holders do not drop their guard and remember that those over 70 years of age, regardless of general health are particularly vulnerable and should be limiting any contact with people outside of their household.
- If you are shielding please make sure that you inform Marlow Town Council or the Allotment Association secretary that you are unable to visit the site, preferably in writing, so that we can make allowances for your situation.
- It is essential that no un-authorised people are allowed onto the plots. If you do wish to bring someone to assist with work on the plot, please ensure that you notify to Marlow Town Council. Careful consideration should be given to introducing anyone over 70, those with underlying conditions or pregnant women.
- If you take your children to the plot, ensure that they stay within its confines and do not run around on communal paths and spaces.
- Please note that Bonfires & BBQ’s are not allowed to be used on the allotments due to the high risk of fires.