In April 2016 Marlow Town Council took over the responsibility for grounds maintenance in Marlow, following the devolution of services from Buckinghamshire County Council and Wycombe District Council.
INVITATION TO TENDER
Marlow Town Council are inviting tenders for the next grounds maintenance contract, due to commence 1st April 2022. The services required are grass cutting, shrub bed maintenance, bench maintenance and some additional related duties.
Tender documentation, including terms of reference, can be obtained from:
Marlow Town Council at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone number 01628 484 024 for further details.
The closing date for any enquiries for this tender is Tuesday 14th September 2021 and the tender submission date is Monday 4th October 2021.
In 2019 the Town Council appointed Continental Landscapes to undertake the following:
- Grass cutting and trimming of urban grass verges
- Trimming and pruning hedges, verges, trees and shrubs
- Annual Bedding
- Providing and applying weed-kills
- Rights of way clearance and siding out of overgrown footways
- Opening and closing of May Balfour Gardens
- Maintenance of street furniture
Follow the links on the left for further information on what services are being carried out, where and when. There is also a feedback form that members of the public are welcome to submit with any feedback or concerns.
Areas of Responsibility
You can view the maps below, showing the areas of responsibility Marlow Town Council have taken over.
If you spot any anomalies or missing areas, please let us know using our feedback form.
Grounds Maintenance Schedules
Continental Landscapes work on a monthly programme starting in East Marlow and working their way through to West Marlow every month between March & October. Grass cutting takes approximately 3 weeks and one week is spent on shrub and plant bed maintenance. Please note that these schedules are subject to change for operational reasons. If you have any queries please do contact us using the feedback form below.
Transport for Buckinghamshire on behalf of Buckinghamshire County Council have discontinued killing weeds in the county and have provided the following information:
- There is a detrimental environmental impact of the widespread use of herbicides on pollinating insects.
- The legal constraints that are now imposed on the widespread use of herbicides significantly reduces the effectiveness of the application.
- TfB will continue to treat noxious and injurious weeds in line with its legal obligations. To report these concerns go to www.buckscc.gov.uk/telltfb
- Further information can be found at www.buckscc.gov.uk/transport and there are live twitter feeds @tfbalerts.
Please use this form to report any issues you are experiencing with grounds maintenance, or to submit any feedback. If you have any issues using the form, please contact the office on 01628 484024.