There is a leaking rising main in SL7, situated near Fieldhouse Lane Sewage Pumping Station in Marlow.
Please be aware that we are taking the necessary steps to address this issue, and we anticipate that tankers will be required on-site to manage the flow. We are currently able to contain the escaped sewage within the car park area with bunding and no impact to local watercourses has been detected.
- Location of the Issue: The leaking rising main is situated near Fieldhouse Lane Sewage Pumping Station in Marlow, specifically within the Travelodge car park area.
- Containment Measures: Currently, the escaped sewage is being contained within the car park area using bunding , and there has been no detected impact on local watercourses.
- Tankers on Site: Tankers will be required on-site to manage the sewage flow while repairs are being undertaken.
- Lane Closure: There will be a lane closure on the A404 to facilitate tanker operations.
- Railway Line Closure: Due to the incident’s proximity, there may be a temporary closure of the local railway line. Efforts are being made to minimize disruption to commuters, and coordination is in progress with Network Rail.
- Community Support: The local Waste Customer Stakeholder team will be deployed to offer support to residents, demonstrating a commitment to keeping the community informed.
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that this situation may cause local residents. Please know that we are working around the clock to address the issue and minimise any impact on the community.
Your understanding and cooperation are greatly appreciated during this time.