Nearly 4,000 Marlow residents enjoyed the innovative Christmas Drive In Festival last week, with hundreds more listening in on the radio.
Organised by Pub in the Park and Marlow Town Council, the event took place over four days, with highlights including the popular Meals from Marlow lunch on Friday – and despite the event having been cancelled, Marlow FM’s Hidden Heroes Awards was able to take place successfully at the Drive In on Saturday night.
Unfortunately the three remaining days of the Festival have been cancelled due to Covid-19 Tier 4 restrictions.
Mayor Richard Scott said: “We have provided the opportunity to gather for a safe festive occasion to around 4,000 people. However, we are sorry that others will be disappointed.
Chris Hughes of Brand Events said: “The event demonstrated the amazing community spirit in Marlow. Thanks to everybody for helping to provide a safe festive gathering for thousands of people. Sorry it ended early!!”
“Our priority throughout has been the wellbeing of our wonderful home town,” Richard Scott continued. “This decision is therefore sad but essential. It is a tribute to the whole community that twenty-five local organisations have been involved in this project, though unfortunately not all of them got to appear on the big screen due to the new restrictions. Happy Christmas and stay safe everyone.”